Greetings my loyal Colonists…
As you know, USA Network cancelled our favorite show and we are in the fight of our lives to save Colony. Here’s what you can do:
An online “vigil” will be held Friday night at 10/9c on Twitter to show your love and support for the show! An online obituary has been created and will be circulated – and we ask all Colonists to come forward to share their stories about how/why Colony is so important to them! Join us and tweet jpg/gifs of candles to @Netflix and @AmazonStudios!
Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Reddit, or any other major social media site – Spread the word! Use the #SaveColony hashtag and don’t be afraid to tag any and all major networks. The biggest movement is on Twitter – just search the hashtag and start tweeting with all of us!
There are two “main” petitions circulating the internet. PLEASE SIGN BOTH. The first is a change.org petition and the other can be found at savecolony.org (clicking either link will open the petitions in a new window.)
Fans are sending multiple postcards to Netflix. Print your own, buy a few, whatever you can send to direct the message to Netflix that they must Save Colony!
Send all postcards to:
ATTN: Reed Hastings
100 Winchester Circle
Los Gatos, CA
Do not be afraid to send more than one! Stagger them and send one a day for 10 days!
We created a gofundme (click here – donation period ends soon) to help add some pop to our campaign. We’ve raised almost $1,000 dollars including selling t-shirts (they’re only $14 right now!) to support the cause. So what are we doing with the money? Here’s a few of the things happening:
- We’ve purchased over 2,000 pieces of custom #SaveColony candy
- We’ve purchased over 2,000 pieces of “parachuting aliens” and alien bouncy balls
- We are creating multiple packages to send the above candy, toys, copies of the petitions, and other #SaveColony items to multiple networks and press outlets.
- An obituary has been created and will be shared online starting next week to spread the news of our beloved show’s untimely demise. We’ll be holding an “online vigil” for the show on Wednesday August 22nd to continue spreading our message.
- Targeted facebook advertising for our campaign to increase the number of people involved and to put the message in front of the maximum amount of eyes.
Twitter Watch Parties & More:
Re-Watch parties, trending #SaveColony parties, and more are being organized all the time. Search for the #SaveColony hashtag or look for me (@ProxySnyder) or some of the others putting these together. (@SarahWCfans @Truelovefordogs @UcncallmeJules @SaveColony are some of the ones sending out reminders for #SaveColony events)